Do you face challenges with letting go of the PAST because your File Cabinet of Life is filled to overflowing with STUFF you keep pulling up? Do you want to let go of this STUFF so you can progress in your life and move forward with what God has created just for you?
Oftentimes, we hold on to STUFF because…
1. It just feels good.
2. It still looks purposeful.
3. You will miss it when it’s gone.
STUFF – Something That Undermines Forward Functioning (and, yes, I just made that up!)
Something That Undermines Forward Functioning.
Think about this: when you spend so much of your time dwelling on the PAST and what was, you fail to consider what is and what could be.
When you spend so much of your time dwelling on the PAST, your future is put on hold and you become discouraged because there is no forward movement.
What can you do?
Clean out your File Cabinet of Life(c)!
Take some time today and begin wading through those things in your File Cabinet that you can discard because they serve no useful purpose. Follow these three tips:
1. Pull up your earliest memory as a test from your File Cabinet of Life(c). If it is pleasant, keep it. If not-so-pleasant, discard in the Round File of Life(c).
2. Now, pull up your earliest, not-so-pleasant memory. My first was a memory of sexual abuse. Take it out of your File Cabinet. Consider it from all angles. Since it is over and done with, there is really no need for you to file it anymore. Get a different perspective. Give yourself permission to see that you were not in control. And if you were, you were too young to do anything differently. Release the memory and place the file in the Round File of Life(c).
3. Go through and assess all the files in your File Cabinet. If they are beneficial, keep them. If not, throw them out.
Now, there is more to this. To learn from about using the File Cabinet of Life(c), order my book, How To Get Over Yourself and Let Go of the PAST, today. Here is the link: http://drillsergeantoflife.com/products/
Until next time, May God abundantly bless you in all that you do. Especially in Letting Go of the PAST! God Is Faithful!.