After all, Letting Go of the PAST is not so much about the other person as it is about you! One of the things we need to recognize when we go through something that brings trauma into our lives is that we (our hearts, minds, and souls) become bruised from the intrusion of the transgression.
But, if we will allow ourselves, give ourselves permission to forgive, we will be able to experience the freedom of forgiveness in a new way!
Today, I invite you to revisit one of my previous posts about this subject. Click here.
Think about this:
- How many people do you know, personally or publicly, who seem to have so much baggage from the PAST in their lives, they find it hard to move forward?
- Do you notice in their conversation that they seem to say the same things over and over? Or,
- Every conversation seems to turn to them no matter how much work the person has to do to get the topic back on themselves.
My friend, this person needs help!
He or she is so emotionally bruised, they don’t know what to do. He or she thinks that by just continually talking about the subject, they are healing themselves.
That is simply not true!
Until this person can forgive, he or she can never walk in the freedom God created for him or her.
Do this with/for your friend:
- Be honest with him or her. Don’t allow the person to walk in deception anymore. Even if the honesty will cause a breach in your relationship with the person.
- Be honest with yourself. Has the PAST pain from the person become toxic in your life?
- Help the person find some help. You will be doing a very valuable service for this precious soul.
The mission of The Drill Sergeant of Life is to help YOU get over self, get out of self’s way, let go of the PAST, and get what YOU want out of life! We hope this post has been beneficial to you today. If it resonates with you, please feel free to share.
Until next time! Be abundantly blessed! #GodIsFaithful
Beatrice Bruno, The Drill Sergeant of Life